Sunday 13 October 2019

Zomtober 2019 Week 2

The first offering this week is a zombie figure that I received from Studio Miniatures for buying two boxes of their plastic zombies a few years ago. I have to say it is the worst zombie figure I have ever painted, I'm not sure if it was supposed to have it's skin sliding off or whether they are clothes, the detail is awful. Anyway done now ....






The first of my Mantic Ghouls which I'm using as a zombie had a base layer of Necrotic Flesh and clothes painted Army Painter zombie brown all washed with  washed with dark tone.  Army Painter Gun Metal on the cleaver.



The second Ghoul has Army painter skeleton bone skin and Citadel Mechrite red clothes. I need to add a highlight to these and some deeper shadows having seen the photos up close.


A bit of gore courtesy of  Citadels Blood for the Blood God.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I have to agree with you on that first miniature Phil, the details are terrible, no wonder it was free lol! Well done on the others though, they look brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unsurorising the ifrst figure was a giveaway, I can't imagine anyone buying it. The mantic zombies/ghouls are great and useful across many eras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we now know why that first zombie was free...however I do like the Mantic Ghouls & have been using them in Frostgrave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab job Phil. I must get this set from Mantic they look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some ghoul freebies some years ago and gave them away. Kind of wish I hadn't now.

    ReplyDelete