Sunday 31 December 2023

2024

 Like a badly dressed zombie rising from the grave  have returned 

After a very disruptive few years I have realised that my output has been as flat as an ER patients heartbeat in a soap opera. That coupled with the fact that I have realised if I don't get back into the saddle and do some work then there's no point continuing the hobby. My old gaming group has long since scattered to the four winds. I haven't played 40K since 7th edition and have sold most of my armies and figures. 

What to do?

I have some hope of one grandchild having a slight interest in Bloodbowl so I shall paint up a few teams from the box of shame this year as a basic goal.  However Santa brought me a festive Red Gobbo figure .... when I looked up how much he cost I nearly had a heart attack... one figure... how much!!! This will be the first one to do.. if only to see which paints haven't dried up. I also threw myself into the  Paint What You've Got 2024 Challenge 

Lets see where this year leads!!!


3 comments:

  1. Great to have you on board for the challenge Phil, and sounds like you have a solid plan on how to get yourself back into hobbying, hope the plans go well, and the paints haven't all dried up. Happy New Year to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed you have a productive year with the hobby, Phil. Dave's Paint What You've Got Challenge is an excellent way to get going again, imho. Good luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of solo games out there now... that I thought I'd NEVER play!! But then ended up playing a bunch of last year! It got me painting and playing a bit!

    ReplyDelete