Tuesday 12 November 2019

Deadcember 2019




One of the pleasures in life is keeping up with the hobby work of Rab over on the  Geekly Digest blog. His blog had not been updated for a while and I located him on Instagram so I duly messaged him about this years Deadcember. Rab replied and explained that due to work and study he is  unable to coordinate this year and offered the role with his blessing.

Hmmmm ..... well lets give it ago shall we.

The rules are as follows
On the first of December the premier annual "paint a dead/undead minature" competition will begin!
I'll start an album here of the entries as they come in, as well as a thread on the oldhammer forum for users to see the subset painted by other forum users.
What you need to know if you want to enter:
1.                  This is a painting challenge for 28mm "scale" miniatures painted during December 2017
1.                  The theme this year is (un)dead, meaning casualty figures are as welcome as the usual undead monsters and creatures
1.                  An entry can either be a single model, or a group - there is no advantage or disadvantage inherent to either choice
1.                  Email a photo of your miniature(s) before painting, and no more than two of the finished item, against a plain background so your painting really shines. Send your pictures to Deadcember entries
1.                  You can enter as many times as you like - the more the merrier - but each entry will be independently considered.
1.                  The winner will be decided by me and will be based purely on my honest choice of which is my favourite - quality of painting, oldhammeriness, any conversion work, etc. will all feed in to it, I'm sure.

I'm really looking forward to what everyone produces! 

8 comments:

  1. First time I've heard of Deadcember, buy is very timely as I was planning on making some undead, so will hopefully enter Phil, and good luck with managing this years competition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Dave, it's the first time O've heard of "Deadcember" and although I'll not be taking part, I willbe looking on in interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun. Good Luck! Will see were the muse takes me and I may join in with my Walking Dead Zeds that need doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deadcember, what a hoot! Best of luck Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deadcember 🤣, that's brilliant! I like that way more than Zomtober!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome, Phil. I've a fair few Undead planned for the end of the year too, so will try to send some pics your way. Great idea!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hum, after Orctober, this idea of Deadcember is good, soooo good :) I need to import it in the 1/72 realm !

    ReplyDelete